I'm sure I've mentioned how I sometimes stay up really late and watch infomercials because I can't sleep. I'm also sure that some former housemates of mine know that sometimes I voluntarily watch infomercials such as the Magic Bullet and Dr. Ho during the day because I just...like to...Anyway, I came across some choice ones that I thought I'd share.
1. The Ped Egg. I actually bought this because after watching the commercial so many times, it just made sense. Amazingly, it actually works and my feet are no longer sharp.
2. Model trucks. I can't find the exact link for this one but it was for little model trucks that were all painted and had moving parts like a trunk and doors. It's bizarre that adults even buy these but what is more strange is that they come with a certificate of authenticity...Why? Are the authenticity police going to ask for your proof? Will friends judge you if you buy non-authentic toys? And authentic of WHAT exactly? Moving on...
3. Commemorative $20 bill. This one is the best, not only because it's absolutely tasteless but because I have a link to their website that shows the infomercial! Just...just watch: http://www.911twenty.com/
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The only thing I have to say about the 9/11 Commemorative $20 bill is that if that is $20 in Liberian currency, then you can exchange it for a cool 31.250 US cents! (31.5979 cents for those of us still living north of the border)
The certificate of authenticity is key for those trucks, those knockoff models just don't run the same as the authentic ones. They're like HotWheels cars, those things could roll forever, but the cheap knockoffs have the wheels falling off a quarter of the way down the driveway. (I wish I could find that commercial, I had absolutely no luck at all)
Also, I'm curious if the king of infomercials, Ron Popeil, is still around hawking his wares, I don't watch nearly as much late night TV as I should. :(
Oh. My. God. That $20 bill is almost as bad as the tsunami that struck Harmony! Almost.
Post a Comment