Last night I saw BECK perform a sold out show at the beautiful Aragon Ballroom. The building which was built in the 20s had a massive domed ceiling painted with what looked like the milky way galaxy complete with twinkling stars. Beck was amazing (as per) and I have re-pledged my love to him. He reworked many old songs including a cool 3-song set using only hand-held electronic gizmos making bleepy-bloopy sounds while he rapped. There were no oversized stereos or bears this time, but he did have massive 20s style lights like the ones they use on movie sets. Highlight: a solo slide guitar blues intro to Loser which demonstrated what a talented guitarist he is. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any pictures of him because they wouldn't let cameras into the venue :(
Another neato touch was a gigantic light screen behind the stage. It mostly showed random swirls and such. Later in the show it showed a live video feed of the concert and displayed Beck in pseudo-LiteBrite glory. In sum, the show was awesome, lively, and very Beck. At one point he said to the crowd:
"I'm just going to ask one question tonight...*falsetto* can we take it hiiiiggghhheeerrr?
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bitchin'.
Absolutely bitchin'.
Post a Comment