Friends of mine had an interesting cab ride home last night and I thought I'd share. The cabbie was very chatty and started talking about how he was getting 12 hours of sleep a night. When asked how he could sleep so much he replied, "Because my wife expired and sleeps on the couch."
At first, my friends thought he meant his dead wife was laying on the couch. Confused, they asked for clarification. Turns out this guy was from Pakistan and developed his own definition for the word "expired." To him, "expired" meant "menopause."
Before his wife went through menopause he wanted her for sex to have children. But after she expired he wanted to catch up on his sleep so relegated her to the couch at night.
Klassy.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a great word, "expired." I think we should use it more in this context.
Also, is that not totally badass that he'd banish his wife to the couch for being post-menopausal? I want buy this guy a falafel and shake his hand.
Wow! If my loving husband even suggested that sleeping arrangement, I would slice off his wedding tassel in his sleep.
Who's expired now?!!
Post a Comment