Naps seem like such a good idea at the time, much like drunk phone calls, buying something from the home shopping channel, and blow. But there is a dark side...
I had a splitting headache all day today, partially due to the insipid class discussions that have been horrifying me on a daily basis, but also due to the fact that I thought staying up really late and getting up really early was a productive use of my time. Unfortunately, when I came home from class [after learning that we don't actually need medications to treat schizophrenia - just sing songs together and braid each other's hair!] I succumbed to a nap attack and slept for 3 hours.
Now, it is 12:43am and I am wide awake. I'm unmotivated to do anything productive, yet sleep doesn't seem that appealing either. This wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't have class tomorrow morning.
This reminds me of a story that is in no way related. This morning when I got off the elevator at school, I came face to face with A GIGANTIC COCKROACH on the wall. It was literally the length of my index finger. I had only seen bugs that big at the ROM and thought they only lived in jungles. I let out a silence scream, soiled myself, and ran to my class. When I told a classmate about my harrowing ordeal, he told me that some cockroaches actually HISS. I'm not even going to google that to see if it's true because I don't want to know.
That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Where are you, Kum-Bay-Yah Community College or something? Jesus. Slap some sense into those jackasses.
The thing about naps is that you've gotta keep 'em short. Anything longer than about 45 minutes, you're going to feel groggy. I find a half-hour is just about right -- you wake up feeling great, and you can still go to bed at a reasonable time.
Post a Comment