I couldn't sleep tonight, so after 2 hours of tossing and turning, I decided that I needed to get out of bed and do something. I've heard this helps. It didn't.
It was 3am so I figured the thing to do was clean up my hard drive to make more space. I went into the add/remove program section and thought I'd see if there was stuff in there that I never use. Lo and behold - a treasure trove of useless crap! Or so I thought...
You know how it tells you how often you use a certain program and the last time you used it? Well, my computer told me that I hadn't used various Microsoft applications since I first got my computer in 2006. I googled them all to find out what they did and they all sounded pretty useless. One had something to do with media and the other was about webpage design. So, I uninstalled them.
Then I went to review a paper I was writing and found that I couldn't use Word because it had been uninstalled. Then I felt pure, raw panic.
You see, if anything goes wrong with my computer, there's a 99% chance I don't know how to fix it. Considering computers are expensive and necessary for my livelihood, entertainment, communication, and sole reason for living at this point, (except for my Nintendo), I was pretty upset.
Fortunately, I dug out my Microsoft Office installation discs that I brought with me "just in case" and reinstalled the program. However, the jolt of adrenaline has not helped my insomnia.
I should have known better than to mess with my computer. As Eddie Griffin would say, "I was just a dumb bitch."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dude I have done that more times then I can tell you. I did it with my Mac thinking " I don't design web pages or compose music..." Drama y'all. Just leave it be...
Here is another great quote from Eddie:
"Momma was a hoe, I was weekend pussy"
Words to live by. Peace out!
If it makes you feel any better, I had one incident where right at the very end of the day I tried to free up some space on 30 computers at a school. Since I was in a rush I neglected to remove one program before doing it, thereby leaving an entire lab of computers completely unusable for the next two days while I tried to fix it.
I've also deleted files that have left computers unable to load Windows at all.
If I had a nickel for every time I rendered a computer completely unbootable, I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting here writing a comment on your blog -- I'd be getting fellated by the very best of Elliot Spitzer's, um, "associates."
That being said, I never did anything really chancy to my comp at a crucial time when I had big assignments due or exams or something. And, if worst comes to absolute worst, you can usually bust-into simple Word documents in WordPad.
So, in conclusion, welcome to the club.
I'm just shaking my head at that whole post. E you've really got to message me before you go on random deletion sprees so I can talk you out of it.
Post a Comment