So I'm working at my computer and see this crazy lightening zigzagging across the sky and scary dark clouds outside my window. Then I hear a siren that isn't quite an ambulance but isn't quite a car alarm. Could a tornado be on the way? It was then that I felt like Bill Paxton in Twister when he's at the drive-in movie theatre and he says, 'It's already here.'
Everyone in the building had to go downstairs to the lobby and sit around a radio to listen to the weather report. We were instructed to go in the basement if the tornado was on its way. I went outside briefly [smart, I know] to check out tornado-esque weather and was impressed by the strength of the wind [which downed some trees], the volume of the thunder, and by the flooding that had almost engulfed my street.
We heard reports of two tornadoes that touched down, one of them a little too close for comfort in Logan Square:
I think this city is trying to kill me.
2 comments:
I've noticed that I have never heard of a tornado in the city until you moved there. Is Illinois the new Kansas/Oklahoma?
Just an observation, while ignoring all historical data on tornadoes in Chicago. (If I've never heard of it, it's never happened as far as I'm concerned.)
Why don't you find your own twister, buddy?
I'm very jealous. But not really, since I would want to be near death.
PS: Dustman's been chasin' with us ever since we started.
Post a Comment