I just heard that Obama is planning on having his celebration party in Grant Park in Chicago on Tuesday night. The question is: should I go?
Pro:
1. I could hear Obama speak in person.
2. Grant Park is very close to my house.
3. It's a unique event that a lot of people don't get the opportunity to take part in.
4. I have nothing better to do.
Cons:
1. The party is outside so I'd freeze to death.
2. It is estimated that 2 MILLION people will show up. That means I'll be trampled,I won't see a thing, and getting home will be a bitch.
So loyal readers, tell me what I should do.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wear lots of layers and go! who knows how this whole election will turn out in the end, or how obama will go down in history.....i think it would be cool to be able to experience the beginning of it all.....
I'd say travel to Arizona to see McCain speak, it'll be far warmer and you'll have a better chance of actually seeing him! It won't be inspiring or anything, but might be good for a laugh.
Honestly, go, it'll be a historic event. Getting home may be a bitch, but if it's close, there's no reason not to. Bundle up and be a part of history :) or just go for the sake of celebrating the end of a ridiculously long election season where a country like Canada could have elected a government, had the government fall, and then elect a new government, twice, in the same time frame.
Go. It's a fucking once-in-a-lifetime event. You'll also be able to proudly tell your African-Canadian grandmother that you were in attendance! She'd be so proud.
History what? If you go, you won't even see him, you'll hear him garbled over a shitty PA while you freeze your teats off. All you will tell people later as your reminisce about the assassinated Obama is how cold and crowded it was and what a pain in the ass it was to go see a man who was supposed to save the United States but only spent 29 days in office before some rampaging redneck shot him to death while screaming about Jesus and faggots and the end of America.
But Eric, think about all the people who could've said, back in 1841, that they were at William Henry Harrison's inaugural address (wherein he refused to wear a coat and caught pneumonia and died in 30 days)? Just imagine the story they'd have to tell.
Post a Comment