I know that when you're learning about various diseases it is easy to believe you have at least one of them. Currently, I believe I am in the throes of early onset dementia. Allow me to simultaneously procrastinate and study for my exam:
Stage 1
1. Marked forgetfulness (The stories are legendary. Who hasn't heard me tell them the same story over and over?)
2. Poor judgment
3. Changes in affect (Most of you have seen The Rage. Also I've had tons of anxiety and sadness this year as well).
Stage 2
1. Cognitive deficits become more evidence (i.e. forgetting to pay bills, which I have done this year)
2. Dysphasia i.e. circumlocution (This means describing something without actually naming it. I have word finding difficulty constantly).
3. Impoverished speech (I stop talking when I get tired. And I tire easily).
4. Paraphasias (This means making up words. Such as hermaneuticals. Which I said in class - a combination of hermaneutics and Neuticals).
5. Concrete and perseverative speech (Saying cliched expressions over and over. Not sure if I do this one.)
6. Spatial disorientation (If I turn around too quickly I have no idea where I am)
7. Difficulty making decisions (I battle with this regularly and defer to friends to run my life)
8. Delusional ideas (you probably noticed this about me the day we met)
Stage 3
1. Aphasia (means lack of speech. I'm not there yet)
2. Agnosia (Not recognizing what objects or faces are...getting close, but not quite)
3. Apraxia (Inability to carry out a skilled task- oh yeah. I'm covered in bruises and cuts from attempting to get out of bed or clothes)
4. Amnesia (Who hasn't noticed this about me?)
5. Anomia (Can't name objects. All the time)
6. Decreased comprehension (Just today, JTL disagreed that Mitsou was awesome and I swear, I didn't understand the words coming out of his mouth)
7. Agitation and emotional outbursts (I blow people's eyebrows off their faces when I get the 'mean reds'.)
8. Carphologic movements (Persistent non-purposeful hand movements. Twiddling?)
9. Urinary and fecal incontinence (Something to look forward to!)
Stage 4
1. Cessation of all higher cognitive control (this happens during lectures)
2. Death due to pneumonia or other infection (I'll be hit by a car before this happens)
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mitsou, in 1990, when I was 13, when I had no taste in music and was even more full of hormones than I am now: awesome.
Mitsou, in 2008, when I'm 31, have better taste in music and, well, nevermind about the hormones already: a big pile of synthy crap.
Hahahaha. I still love Mitsou.
Post a Comment