Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bazentine's Day

Courtesy of my friend:

Q: What did the French chef give to his wife for Bazentine's Day?
A: A hug and a quiche.

Yuk yuk yuk.

So today I went grocery shopping and passed the Hallmark card isle. Huddled together were about 6-7 dudes frantically picking out last minute Bazentine's Day cards for their wives/gfs. I hope I never date anyone who would a) buy me a card or b) buy one at the last minute from a grocery store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What says 'I Love You' more than a hastily purchased card celebrating a manufactured day of love?

It's not like people don't have 364 (or 365 every four years) other days to say and show that you care. Why does everyone think it's important to give a shit for just one day?

Unknown said...

I went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" with my cousin. My wortst fears were justified. I left the movie feeling stupider for having watched it. Apparently, every guy is an asshole and all women do is think and talk about men.

B sent me this link, I think you'll like it: http://www.lawrence.com/weblogs/scenestealers/2009/feb/12/uncensored-happy-balentines-day-e-cards-to-send-to/