Monday, June 1, 2009

My Morning

This morning I walked in the rain to catch my bus. Since it was rush hour naturally there were no buses. Three eventually came but were so full I couldn't get on. I got soaked from the rain because umbrella was turned inside out repeatedly because of the wind. I finally got on the bus and arrived downtown only to slip on the wet marble floor in the atrium of my school. I fell. Hard. My stick limbs flailed about wildly trying in vain to save myself. I landed on my stomach ontop of my laptop, lunch, and iPod. A crowd gathered. I picked up my smooshed dignity and lunch off the floor and made it to the elevator to sit through five hours of useless class. How's your day going?

5 comments:

Amanda and Ryan said...

Hmmmmmm... my day... well it's Monday and I hate waking up on any day of the week that doesn't start with S... And Alexa had some girl over last night... so when i went downstairs this morning they were huddled on the couch watching something on her laptop... so that kind of threw me off a bit...I went to the basement to grab my winter coat, mitts and toque out of the dryer because it was 4 degrees outside and I was biking 5k to work... then I realized I didn't have my work pass and that took me a good 10-15 mins to find including search three floors of the house twice! I finally got out the door about 15mins late...hit a bunch of red lights on the way... after taking my shower I realize I forgot to pack my boxers and was forced to put my under armor shorts on the fan before putting them on under my dress pants... oh and then I realized I also forgot my belt... but luckily for me, i'm a little bit more round than I would like and my pants have a slight stretch in the waist, so they've stood up nicely throughout the day so far. What else, I spilt some hot water on myself while making my hot chocolate this morning... and since then, I've attended a useless divisional meeting, and done no work because I have nothing to do... I have, however, managed to read some NYT articles, hope you liked the one I sent you, and chatted with Amanda for 30mins... its lunch time now, and I don't want to eat what I brought... hope your day got better!

Ryan

JTL said...

I threw 3 balls at a dunk-tank target; I dunked a colleague twice (to the great delight of his students who were watching) and missed the third by no more than two inches.

I also taught three classes.

That is all.

SB said...

Although that sucks the big one, that story was a total "of course" moment!!!

I woke up late today, had no time for a shower (yes!) and forgot my briefcase at home! Nice!!

Whatever! I'm currently bathing in perfume...

Ryan said...

They never used to plow the parking lot where I used to work, and by mid-January it was slick as a skating rink. One time, I was walking into work and had my feet come completely out from under me. I think I was four feet in the air and completely parallel to the ground. As I fell, my arms windmilled - and, of course, this would be one of the few days when I was brown-bagging my lunch. Needless to say, my apple tore through the bottom of my lunch bag and arced through the air, coming to the rest in the middle of the road.

My favorite part? Having to walk another five minutes into work, clutching the torn fragments of my lunch in my raw, scraped hands.

ecb said...

I also tried the windmill as I plummeted toward earth and found it to be remarkably ineffective. Perhaps I thought I would fall to the ground slower if I kept myself partially afloat using my arms?

The most difficult part of the whole thing was finding the energy/motivation to pick myself up off the ground once I landed.