Sunday, November 29, 2009

American Thanksgiving

I spent American Thanksgiving at one of my Chicago friend's house with a big mob of family and friends. The dress code was the usual Sweatpant Casual which is a good thing because we pretty much ate from 2pm - midnight. Unfortunately there weren't as many inappropriate incidents as last year (drug-induced naps, grinding and making out at the dining room table...) but there was one uncomfortable story about my friend's mom's new black boyfriend (she emphasized black several times...) who likes to sing karaoke to gay men. We quickly changed the topic.

I ended up playing xBox with my friend and her brothers all night until we literally passed out on the couches/chairs. The next day we watched Deadliest Catch (still wearing our sweatpants) for hours, then Mommy Dearest. If you haven't seen this movie then I highly recommend it. I've never seen a freakout that is as epic as Faye Dunaway (playing Joan Crawford) screaming at her kid for using metal hangers. She's all kinds of crazy and has several meltdowns which begin around the 4 minute mark. Yikes, as if her eyebrows weren't scary enough.

And then I went home. The end.

1 comment:

JTL said...

Why isn't our Thanksgiving as slovenly as this? Is it because we have to go to work the next day?