For the past 2 months I've been working on my comprehensive exam which is a medieval torture device used by graduate institutions. It has been nothing short of ridiculously time consuming and aggravating but I finally submitted the written portion today. I now have at least two weeks to prepare for my oral defence which means I am constructing the Binder of Champions. This includes articles, book segments, and testing instrument manuals that I cite to justify my diagnosis and methods of assessment. I bring this in the defence with me and use it to shield my body from scary questions.
To give you a visual of how busy/chaotic my life has been I'm posting a few photos of the comps bomb that went off in my apartment. For those of you who have lived with me (sorry) you're already used to the carnage so this shouldn't be surprising. However, I'd like to think I've gotten better over the years. Apparently I easily slip into my old habits...


4 comments:
I bring this in the defence with me and use it to shield my body from scary questions
Two things:
1. Try lining the inside with kevlar -- it helps strengthen the binder, to better shield you from the questions.
2. Thank you for using the Canadian spelling of "defence."
It's not that bad.
In high school I never even knew the colour of your carpet.
BTW, we still on for April? I just did my taxes, and I'll have enough $$ for a little trip!
We're good for April - when were you thinking? I think I'm coming back to TO for a bit as well in April. Let me check my schedule and figure out when finals are.
I am in no way surprised at the state of your apartment. Did you wear your lucky scrunchy to the defence? ;)
Post a Comment