Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Holiday"

As JTL stated, no one is probably reading this blog over the holidays, if ever again. However, I thought I would provide an update. As per, the trip home as been fraught with calamity. For those of you who don't know, my mother decided to cancel the cable, internet, and PHONE during our visit home to 'save money.' So instead of paying $44 for a land line for a month, we have collectively spent over $300 on cell phone fees...

I've been extremely busy, more than I am in Chicago ironically, so I haven't gotten a chance to spend as much time as I would have liked with friends. Here are some of the highlights of my trip that have kept me so busy:

* Family feud due to insensitive and inopportune remarks over my busy life
* Family feud due to gratuitous use of racial slurs over Christmas morning breakfast
* Grandma's knee surgery (she's fine now)
* Driving in 3 blizzards without snow tires
* Desperate attempts at getting a loan (postponed until April now, thanks Scotiadinks)
* Eating 2 apple pies by myself
* Watching House and Twilight Zone
* Working for my boss
* Testing unsuspecting friends for my research project (thanks all those who participated against their will)
* Getting involved in a trashy bar brawl in Grimsby while wearing snake skin boots (please ask me about this in person)

I hate new years but I hope your night won't be painful. I say good riddance 2008. Text me (sparingly, I have a pay as you go plan) if you want to hang out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were supposed to dish on your crazy trip home!! I was waiting until my lunch break to read it! I guess I will have to read Perez instead!*psh*