So I'm 26, and I'm trying to grow up. I'm officially an adult now.
* I have my own sassy apartment in Chicago.
* I am pursuing a doctoral degree.
* I care about politics and international affairs.
* I read National Geographic and Skeptical Inquirer and books by Oliver Sacks.
And yet, I still think about and enjoy things like this.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
...not to mention the piles of sassy your Czech landlady leaves all over the floor.
Dude, I could argue that I'm more grown-up than you, but yet I still laugh my balls off at Aqua Teen Hunger Force, not-so-secretly long to play second base for the Tigers (call me, Mr. Leyland), and spend my days cracking jokes with teenagers.
I don't even know what "grown-up" means anymore. This issue seemed far simpler when I was seven.
In my humble opinion, all that being grown up means is that you no longer have an excuse for being immature in situations where you really shouldn't be.
Aside from that, continue to get a kick out of whatever it might be that does it for you. As for me, I'm going to hit the couch and watch some more South Park, maybe I'll play some Super Mario Bros too.
I think I've become less grown up over the last couple of years.
For the most part, the reversal has been a good thing, however, I've taken it a bit too far lately.
Post a Comment