
Idiot making a right on red. I have the right of way and start crossing the street. She looks left, I'm coming from the right, she presses the gas pedal before looking right. I try to stop walking, realizing in horror that she's about to hit me, skid forwards with my left foot [I'm on ice]. She runs over my foot and I fall backwards on the road while punching the hood of her car to make her aware that I'm there.
The best part? SHE starts yelling at ME because *I* wasn't looking where I was going.
Amazingly, nothing was broken, just a little tender. She did get my good foot, so now I am balanced with two quasi-gimpy feet.
The sad thing is, if I were actually hurt, I would have had to drag myself home, get my health insurance card, call my HMO and tell them I was hit BEFORE going to a hospital or else nothing would be covered.
I know I'm going to die here, I just don't know when.
3 comments:
By the tread pattern on your boot, I'd say that was a Goodyear Eagle XJ-4. Nice ride, good wear-life, and great for running over rogue Canadians.
Mr Burns says: "Get out of my way; *I'm* a motorist."
Also, my money goes on this:
Date: July 14
Time: 3:45 pm
Item of demise: Candlestick
Location: The Library
Perpetrator: Professor Plum
So yeah, put me down for that square in the ECB Death Pool.
Post a Comment