The older I get, the more I'm convinced that I suffer from Intermittent Explosive Disorder which becomes most pronounced when filling out forms. I have been trying to fill out my passport application form for weeks now and thus far I have accomplished next to nothing. My foibles include:
* leaving my passport photos in Chicago
* touching the line with my signature, thus rendering my application void
* forgetting to print in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, thus rendering my application void
* having to get my guarantor's signature twice because the first time she signed my void application
I am currently on my third set of forms. Last night I got so mad I threw the application at a wall, started yelling at my mom, and then drove to the Falls in a rage to yell at G, who kindly offered me liquor to settle me down.
Why do I bring this up? Well, recently, people have been saying I am very similar to my mom [which I don't deny] but I attribute a lot of that to her having raised me. So, I asked my mom the other day if I had inherited any traits or mannerisms from my dad. She replied instantly, "No."
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. Until today. My mom said that after watching me freak out over this never-ending application she was reminded of my dad who apparently flew into similar rages whenever he had to fill out any forms. The reason was that he never read the instructions thoroughly before proceeding, and then inevitably made mistakes and would have to start a new form. He was prone to yelling at anyone around him and apparently threw things while having a fit. It got so bad that my mom had to fill out all forms for him because my dad got too mad, even before he even got the form in the first place.
I must admit, it gave me a laugh. Even though it's not something nice like "you're both really smart/kind/funny" it's nice to share something. So intermittent explosive disorder it is :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I typed something here, but Blogger fucked up ("Wait... I fucked up").
I think it was something along the lines of, "Sounds like a bullshit disorder, yet I would agree with a diagnosis of it wholeheartedly."
I totally have the same disorder, did you see my blog about Brock and my owing money to it? For some reason $2000 dollars became reason enough to fly a plane into a building. I'm a horrible human being but it's nice knowing i'm not alone in my rage.
Post a Comment