Much to my surprise, I didn't die in a fiery plane crash and have safely arrived at my apartment. I was greeted with two surprises, one awesome, and the other...not so much:
1. My dear housematey RC has a penchant for finding obscure vinyl albums and sending them to her sister. I was lucky enough to be the recipient this time. I got The Glamorous Life by Shelia E. This is, in all likelihood, the shittiest album ever recorded. Regardless, the girl can drum.
2. I had 16 messages waiting for me on my answering machine. 'Ooh, I'm so popular!' thought I. Guess again; 13 of them were from a debt collection agency. People in stern voices were demanding money. I frantically wracked my brain trying to think of what bill I haven't paid in awhile, but came up with nothing [although who would be surprised if I did just forget to pay my bills?]. I swear in each message my last name was pronounced a different way. I eventually got to one that explained everything: "If this is Annette R. Bazentine, please call me back, we are collecting a debt." Ah.
Highlights of my visit home:
- Beating Super Mario Brothers 1 and Klax*
- Learning to play drums with Marc. I can now play Live Forever by Oasis [shittily] and Icky Thump by the White Stripes [shittily as well].
- Getting addicted to Rock Band
- Discovering the hidden world of video gamers
- Long chats with old friends
- Teaching my nephew how to ride a bike [shittily]
- Getting addicted to Boston Legal [it has James Spader in it, you knew it would happen]
- Being pantless in London
Thanks to everyone who took the time to hang out with me, I really appreciate it. I'll be back in August but only for a week so I'll try to fit in as much as possible. In the meantime, stay tuned.
* 99% due to G's help.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Bah. World 8 was all you. You also beat all of the hardest waves in Klax...
to be honest you're better at drumming that white stripes song then Meg White is. That isn't saying much, but it's saying something.
I had such a great time seeing you! I think you might be my good luck charm, cause I got offered an extra day at work!! Woo hoo! This means I'm 30 hours a week! That take a little pressure off my current situation! Woot! Anyway, I can't wait to hang out again, I really missed hanging out with you! We need to schedule some time when you are back down so we can cause a ruckus! Hopefully by then I will be another 20 pounds thinner..hee hee. Keep it real and keep in touch!
Wow, there really is an end to Klax.
Post a Comment