Saturday, April 18, 2009

Technology and Me: The Battle Continues

My laptop is filled with spyware. No matter what I tried, no program could get rid of it. As a result, my laptop has been circling the drain for the past few weeks (similar to Ol' Scrappy, may he rest) and it is currently almost unusable. So here I sit, alone in my apartment, about to reformat my hard drive.

I think I speak for everyone when I say it is highly likely that I have forgotten to back-up some important files that I will need in the near future and that I will probably do irreparable damage to this computer by inadvertently melting the hard drive. Further, and I don't think I'm alone here, it is abundantly obvious that I will never be able to set up my wireless internet again.

Regardless I have to take the plunge because the alternative is not having a computer at all. My big girl panties are locked in and secured. Here we go...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I am amused that you also had a laptop that was named "Scrappy". I also occasionally referred to mine as "the Scraptop".

ecb said...

Actually I was paying homage to *your* scrappy. I still remember you writing that letter to the computer company who made your laptop. Absolute gold ;)