Tuesday, January 15, 2008

True Story [sadly, they all are]

So I come home from a long day of class and open an envelope sent to me from ComEd which is my utilities provider. There are two pages. The first letter welcomed me to ComEd and assured that I was a valued customer and if I have any questions, contact these people. Fine.

The next page was a notice of discontinuation of service because I had failed to pay my bill!! It provided a list of community agencies that I could contact about financial aid and warned me that my utilities would be cut off in 24-48 hours! They must smell student off of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least they were considerate enough to welcome you before cutting you off prior to getting your first bill...

JTL said...

Maybe the "Welcome New Customers" department and the "Cut Off Negligent Bastards" department are in different buildings, and the "Staple Two Pages Together" department didn't notice the hilarious juxtaposition.

Unknown said...

This story is only marginally related:

After Leanne (former resident of the apartment where I now live) ditched Bell and switched to Primus, they sent her this card which looked very much like a nice greeting card. There were no signs that it was even from Bell, and her address on the envelope was in cursive. The card had a graphic of one person on a seesaw and said something like "Please come back". Awww. Then the card is opened to reveal this plea from Bell to switch back. Really creepy. Also, weak. I'm not impressed by your desperation, Bell. Try not sucking.

In conclusion, your utilities provider is an a-hole.